Contact Email List
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Project Dazuki.

Moderators: lay80n, sierrajim

<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:37 am

Project Dazuki.

Hey, im starting to build up a buggy, thought use might like to give me some tips on do's and donts! lol

So far Iv got 1300 body/chassi, bodys chopped behind the seats,
Got front tube clip of Germo for front the front end.

Its going to be running a datto 1500 with auto box as its already all there,
just need to sort some problems with the auto cuting out on big angels.
Any ideas on how to keep auto fluid getting to it? Running a 1lt t/case for now as auto is pretty low as it is, and im unsure on diffs so far, was thinking patrol MQ's? or just useing the 1300 n/t spring over with big offset
rims.

Ill try to get some pics posted,

Pazz
chicks dig panel damage
<<

bigsteve

User avatar

Posts: 2817

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:10 pm

Location: Hellbourne again

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:00 pm

I'd go for the MQ's over NT's you wioll gain more gearing and heaps more width than Nt with offset rims.

What size tyre do you plan on running??

Pics on progress???
yeshemesh
<<

redzook

User avatar

Posts: 4882

Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:36 pm

Location: Medowie, NSW

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:06 pm

use toys!

easier to weld on the front diff as mq's are cast rnt they?

and spares are alot more readily avaliable every second rig is a toy

plus u can build a toy front diff pretty damn strong with longs or Bootyfields
<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:26 pm

Yeah i was think MQ's, they easy to get hold of, but i am a bit worryed bout the welding side of things :? . Im planning on running 35'' at least
if i go the MQ diffs.

Pazz
chicks dig panel damage
<<

sierrajim

User avatar

Posts: 4584

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:57 pm

Location: Wheeling in my backyard

Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:51 pm

Is your chassis WT or NT? and what spring set up are you going to run?

I'm currently building a zook with MQ's SPUA. PM me if you want some more info before you start getting the diffs.
Harb wrote:Well I'm guessing that they didn't think everyone would carry on like a big bunch of sooky girls over it like they have........
<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:25 pm

Iv got a NT 1300 chassie that im useing, Started on the NT diffs today, making them spring over while i sort out what diffs i can get.
Im going to run standed in the front and iv got some carolla springs which
im going to run in the back with a buggy leaf setup :D :D .

They are bout 4'' longer then zuk springs, plus the center pin is in the same spot as zuks!!

Pazz
chicks dig panel damage
<<

DeWsE

User avatar

Posts: 7954

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 pm

Location: Tasmania

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:32 pm

Am very keen to follow up this build up, best of luck!

I'm with redzook and use hilux springs ;)

Matt
STD CONSUMER wrote:haha, i'm tellin you, my camp was hard to find on Saturday night!
then i shared my bed with 2 second tom...
<<

redzook

User avatar

Posts: 4882

Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:36 pm

Location: Medowie, NSW

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:53 pm

DeWsE wrote:Am very keen to follow up this build up, best of luck!

I'm with redzook and use hilux springs ;)

Matt


i said use lux diffs
;)

but yeh lux rear springs would be good they are 48" long and have an offset pin

lux fronts are round 46"
<<

DeWsE

User avatar

Posts: 7954

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 pm

Location: Tasmania

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:57 pm

redzook wrote:
DeWsE wrote:Am very keen to follow up this build up, best of luck!

I'm with redzook and use hilux springs ;)

Matt


i said use lux diffs
;)

but yeh lux rear springs would be good they are 48" long and have an offset pin

lux fronts are round 46"


:lol: opps I ment diffs but yes springs as well
STD CONSUMER wrote:haha, i'm tellin you, my camp was hard to find on Saturday night!
then i shared my bed with 2 second tom...
<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:22 pm

Thanks dewse,

Im gunna try these carolla springs first i think, just to see how they go, not sure on how long they are tho!!! I would love to use hilux diffs aswell but have not got enough of these $$$$$, :D

Ill get some pics on later tonight i hope.

Pazz
chicks dig panel damage
<<

DeWsE

User avatar

Posts: 7954

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 pm

Location: Tasmania

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:52 pm

PAZZ wrote:Thanks dewse,

Im gunna try these carolla springs first i think, just to see how they go, not sure on how long they are tho!!! I would love to use hilux diffs aswell but have not got enough of these $$$$$, :D

Ill get some pics on later tonight i hope.

Pazz


Look around on the board their are heaps of springs forsale. I remember some one was selling heaps for like 200 bucks the lot. I think Hiand mighty was selling 50 bucks each or something...thats gotta be the cheapest spring around
STD CONSUMER wrote:haha, i'm tellin you, my camp was hard to find on Saturday night!
then i shared my bed with 2 second tom...
<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:31 pm

hey,

Here and some pics!!! iv got my body sitting on a 1lt chassie.
chicks dig panel damage
<<

DeWsE

User avatar

Posts: 7954

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 pm

Location: Tasmania

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:48 pm

Some other addvantages of the lux springs is the off centre hole in them. A great way to move the diffs forwards and backwards without losing approach angle from lengthy chassis xtentions. lux diffs shouldn't be to expensive if you do enough hunting. Maybe buy a whole wreck or take what you want and flog the rest. I have seen whole cars for a lot less then $1K.

If your going to the trouble of making a buggy you shouldn't settle for a tire size smaller then 35 inch. And for reliability go a strong diff from the beginning.

The shots look great. May I ask whats the plans for the rear? Is it going to be tubed like gonads or something?
STD CONSUMER wrote:haha, i'm tellin you, my camp was hard to find on Saturday night!
then i shared my bed with 2 second tom...
<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:35 pm

Ill do some hunting for some lux springs, but i will also try these springs while i have them! The rear is going to be plane, just a hope, maybe some shock towers, a fuel tank, than plan for this car is to be straight forward, no tricky suspension, light as posible, and low to the ground, so the springs will be flat as! lol

But its just a cheap rig, made off spare parts really.

Paz
chicks dig panel damage
<<

DeWsE

User avatar

Posts: 7954

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 pm

Location: Tasmania

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:57 pm

PAZZ wrote:Ill do some hunting for some lux springs, but i will also try these springs while i have them! The rear is going to be plane, just a hope, maybe some shock towers, a fuel tank, than plan for this car is to be straight forward, no tricky suspension, light as posible, and low to the ground, so the springs will be flat as! lol

But its just a cheap rig, made off spare parts really.

Paz


I hear ya

Well good luck! The most easiest suspension would have to be buggy leaf for the rear.
STD CONSUMER wrote:haha, i'm tellin you, my camp was hard to find on Saturday night!
then i shared my bed with 2 second tom...
<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:03 pm

thanks dewse,

Im planning on running buggy leaf anyways :D, That rolla springs hang out far enough to do it so should be sweet.
chicks dig panel damage
<<

redzook

User avatar

Posts: 4882

Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:36 pm

Location: Medowie, NSW

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:54 pm

lookin good but not enough progress :finger:
<<

Dozoor

User avatar

Posts: 3444

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:50 pm

Location: Currently On the Road !!

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:59 am

Re: Project Dazuki.

PAZZ wrote:Hey, im starting to build up a buggy, thought use might like to give me some tips on do's and donts! lol

So far Iv got 1300 body/chassi, bodys chopped behind the seats,
Got front tube clip of Germo for front the front end.

Its going to be running a datto 1500 with auto box as its already all there,
just need to sort some problems with the auto cuting out on big angels.
Any ideas on how to keep auto fluid getting to it? Running a 1lt t/case for now as auto is pretty low as it is, and im unsure on diffs so far, was thinking patrol MQ's? or just useing the 1300 n/t spring over with big offset
rims.

Ill try to get some pics posted,



Pazz


Hows going Pazz !!
Just take the pan off the auto , and get a extension added to make it deeper at the rear , by a fiar amount , then re desighn your pickup to sit in the rear of the pan down low , This will work for Up hill, but make it worse down hill , Biuld a disk conversion for the transfer with a big caliper , cable operation for the handbrake, and use a small master cylinder for a hand operated descent brake with a lever simaler to our old fiddle brakes You might rember or nick will !
Looking good ;

Get out --- Get intoowit Skinned knuckles are good for your imune system !

Larry.
<<

PAZZ

Posts: 105

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Location: newcastle

Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:58 am

Thanks dozoor,

Iv got a spare auto here, Me and nik was thnking bout adding the pan off
it to the other, so it would be twice as deep?? what you think?

I remember the twin brake setup ya had, it was sick, next time i see ya ill get ya to show me how to set a the hand brake disc.

Pazz
chicks dig panel damage
<<

Parry

Posts: 8

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 7:23 am

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: Project Dazuki.

Searching my old posts from my account I couldn't get back after years of not using outers, alot has changed, but 10 years on I actually could afford to built a rig & finish it instead of trying to build something out of left over parts & on a trainee wage lol

Image

Return to Suzuki

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.
eBay Sniper
Time : 0.119s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off | Load : 0.08