Contact Email List
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IMPORTANT Thefts!!!

Moderators: Tiny, longlux, V8Patrol, Moderators

<<

purefmx

Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:23 pm

IMPORTANT Thefts!!!

I recently returned from my trip to Fraser Island/Rainbow Beach. The zook drove excellent both on and off the road, even being considerably overloaded!!! The trip was great, saw all of the sites, Cherry Venture Wreck,Maheno,Dingoes and the Lakes etc. The crowds were reasonable, and overall i must say i was pleased with the trip. To ease the pain of staying on the island, with the flies and mosquitoes etc, i treated the missus to three nights in Noosa, to have "a holiday from the holiday" and recover from the nights spent in the zook.
Anyways, we had previously booked into the Noosa Blue Resort for three nights. This place was brilliant, it was very modern and had all of the luxury features you could expect a resort in Noosa to have. They even use advertising gimmicks sauch as "pure indulgence".
Now one of the things that also caught my attention was the underground SECURITY carpark. stated by the resort that it is secure!
After 3 gloriuos evenings staying at one of the most executive resorts in Noosa, we packed up ready to leave. I exit the lift to find the zook's jerry can holder ajar, and the tailgate open. hmmmm how strange. Upon closer inspection, the interior light is on and the passenger side door is open.
The car was a mess they had searched through everything, however to my surprise, not everything was missing. They ripped the centre console clean from the mounts and took that aswell as the CD Player, and my CD wallet with around 100 CD's. However sitting on the floor remained my scanner, on the roof console the AM CB, and my 1200 dollar UHF. Brains must have been lacking!!!
I spoke to management, turns out that the multi-million dollar, futuristic resort, has no security cameras installed in the basement carpark(even though its a rental car office aswell), has no security, except that the gate is locked at 10pm and re-opens at 7am.
Expecting some sort of compensation for our situation, we received $50 off the bill!!!
For all the holiday makers heading north...Noosa Blue..remember the name. And also remember to take care when leaving your vehicle unattented, just because its "securely locked away in a resort car-park" doesnt mean that its secure.
1985 LWB Suzuki Sierra, Lock-Rite Rear, SPOA, 2" Body Lift, Climax shackles, Rancho's,
Series 1 Rockhoppers, 31x11.5 MT'S, "To return from the dead very sooooon!"
http://www.cyberdesigns.tk
http://www.purefmx.tk
<<

BUNDERA

Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:07 pm

Bastards!! :evil:
<<

robbie

Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:33 pm

it's a nice place.. shame about that carpark and that incident tho :?
<<

taziiy

Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:56 pm

what ass holes , i guess it was a boring trip home with out a radio , that was very generous of the resort to give u $50 of the bill for the loss of hundreds of $s in stuff, not
95 hilux d/c locked & lifted, Downunder4x4
<<

antt

Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:11 pm

would of had to have been kids, to only take the cd's and the radio, and leave all the comm's gear :(
<<

purefmx

Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:14 am

it seems that in future the best thing would be to weld up around two tonne of bar work to completely encage the car and finally do a multi-run pass of welds to lock it. Failing that im keen to start a new anti-car theft cult. Our soul purpose would be to stop the problem b4 it happens, by killing all junkie smackhead druggo's and their skanky missus's, you know, the ones that hang around the front of pawnbrokers or the local dole office on a Thursday. Friggin drains on the economy and they all need to be taken care of!!!!!!!!
1985 LWB Suzuki Sierra, Lock-Rite Rear, SPOA, 2" Body Lift, Climax shackles, Rancho's,
Series 1 Rockhoppers, 31x11.5 MT'S, "To return from the dead very sooooon!"
http://www.cyberdesigns.tk
http://www.purefmx.tk
<<

SCANAS

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 am

Re: IMPORTANT Thefts!!!

Now THIS is a gravedig WankrO
I'm not quitting drinking, I'm retiring at the top of my game - sporting comeback likely.
<<

ToNkA

The Haggler!

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 am

Re: IMPORTANT Thefts!!!

SCANAS wrote:Now THIS is a gravedig WankrO

Did I miss the part where you were involved in the original thread?
Yawn.
Keep trying.
MY JEEP BUILD
v840 wrote:[Not a shot at Tonka] It's like saying, hell I've got two nuts, I may as well cut one of them off for the hell of it. I ain't using it.[/NAS@T] It's ridiculous!

Return to General Chit-Chat