Contact Email List
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

European wasp

Moderators: Tiny, longlux, V8Patrol, Moderators

<<

CRUZAAMAD

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:44 pm

European wasp

Out over the back cleaning up some grass with a echo brushcutter and got nailed like 3-4 times
Couldnt see what got me
Soo kept working , thinking it was some damn monster ants. ..
And by gees these things STING !!!!!!!!!! :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
Soo about a week or two later, i went back and done some more , the blade disturbed the entrance and i seen what was coming for me.
A swarm of the bastards. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I ran for my life and still got nailed like 5 times
Hands all swollen up.. got stung on my back :bad-words:
Ran inside not knowing the wasp that got me on my back , was yet to nail me :crazyeyes:
Soo i ran outside and stripped off quicker than a hooker chasing her $100 quickie.
Then bamn got me

Soo for the next 4days i looked up google while recovering from my second wasp attack
I tell you ...you bloody jump for a week or so when you think stuff is crawling over you wanting to get you :crazyeyes:

Youtube and google became my job wanting to nail these bastards

Plenty of options they say.....
Cup of petrol down the nest entrance

as this wasp nest was in the ground.

But i decided to spend $10 on proper wasp nest powder
Good tip is do it at night , they are more relaxed to deal with.
Powdered the crap out of the entrance.
Unfortunately it rained soo i had to give it another run and plastic tarped up the area soo the powder actually stays dry otherwise not very effective wet.

I also found a natural mix
Using white vinegar , salt and sugar.
Apparently the salt is what kills them as it dehydrates their body

And mixed up 2lots of this stuff

The other less poisoness method is flea treatment stuff
Unfortunately i dont have any pets and the cost was around $25 just for the bottle of flea treatment

The flea treatment gets mixed with a small can of cat food salmon or sardines and into a container to keep it dry but with holes for your mate mr european wasp to get in.
Now its about 4 drops of flea treatment to a 85g cat tin food
Mixed well.
The good thing is bees dont go for this food soo our amazing beeees are safe. :armsup:

Trouble is
Unless you start killing these European wasps they will kill your native bees like hitler done in ww2... :cry:

No beees means no food..
Its seriously that simple

Other thing is who the fugg wants a european nest in their area let alone their property

To those that have pets
You most likely have these products at home already
Soo in the name of the bees
Please beeeee a helpful soul and set up a trap and kill these bad wasps.

The beeee will thank you later

Now beeeehave yourself
And save a beeee
Kill a wasp :snipersmile:

Help our native beeees get the one up on the wasps

As the weather has been amazing the wasps have had a great season and wreaking havok all over the place.
AUSTRALIA
WORTH LOOKING AT WORTH LOOKING AFTER
<<

date

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:54 am

Re: European wasp

We had 2 wasp nests at our place. The first was in the roof. I bought an old house which had caneite as the ceiling medium. It was saggy and looked lousy, so I screwed some timber onto the battens and then glued Gyprock to the timber. Result - a double ceiling with closed air gap - good insulation. Good spot for a wasp nest as well. We had to get a pest exterminator in because my wife came home one day and found the lounge room full of flying wasps. They had finally worked their way through the Gyprock.

The second nest was 2 years later. The little buggers had burrowed under the concrete driveway right at the fenceline. Thousands of them. I waited until dark, then went out and poured about 250 mL of petrol down their hole. I stepped back and lit a piece of paper and threw it . A minor Whoomph happened. E10 burns nothing like the old days with Super petrol... Anyway, the flame spread under the concrete and obviously must have got to the wax of the hive, because it burnt brightly, and with no smoke for nearly 3 hours before it finally abated. Next day, there were still about 25 wasps hovering around, trying to repair the nest. I waited for a few days and then put 500 mL of petrol down the hole and burnt it but there was no white flame this time. No more wasps either... I wondered if petrol may be the way to get rid of the nest in my ceiling but my wife doesn't really like the idea.....
<<

Foo on patrol

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Ya lucky ya not allergic to them like me. I have to grab Claratyne and swallow 3-4 of them and still hope that they don't kill me. :bad-words:

Foo
<<

CRUZAAMAD

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:59 pm

date wrote:We had 2 wasp nests at our place. The first was in the roof. I bought an old house which had caneite as the ceiling medium. It was saggy and looked lousy, so I screwed some timber onto the battens and then glued Gyprock to the timber. Result - a double ceiling with closed air gap - good insulation. Good spot for a wasp nest as well. We had to get a pest exterminator in because my wife came home one day and found the lounge room full of flying wasps. They had finally worked their way through the Gyprock.

The second nest was 2 years later. The little buggers had burrowed under the concrete driveway right at the fenceline. Thousands of them. I waited until dark, then went out and poured about 250 mL of petrol down their hole. I stepped back and lit a piece of paper and threw it . A minor Whoomph happened. E10 burns nothing like the old days with Super petrol... Anyway, the flame spread under the concrete and obviously must have got to the wax of the hive, because it burnt brightly, and with no smoke for nearly 3 hours before it finally abated. Next day, there were still about 25 wasps hovering around, trying to repair the nest. I waited for a few days and then put 500 mL of petrol down the hole and burnt it but there was no white flame this time. No more wasps either... I wondered if petrol may be the way to get rid of the nest in my ceiling but my wife doesn't really like the idea.....

Look up youtube
This bloke swears by the flea treatment and cat food
Will guarantee to kill any wasps close to your property
AUSTRALIA
<<

stilivn

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Wasp killer spray at bunnings effective in seconds and has 6m+ range. Screw Fucking around with powder
1993 80 series, 4" tough dog adjustable bb lift kit, LPG, 35" MTR'S

brooksy wrote:Branden Tagg.....He is the King of all f@rkups & a Gimps bitch after hours
<<

CRUZAAMAD

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 pm

stilivn wrote:Wasp killer spray at bunnings effective in seconds and has 6m+ range. Screw Fucking around with powder

That stuff is super dear..
The powder was only $10

The wasp spray is nearly $30-50 a can
And pretty lethal stuff if you breathe it in ?

I was being a tight arse

The spray wont get deep into the ground cave but the powder will because it doesn't kill them straight up like a spray
Soo the queen gets some wasp powder becaude the workers carry it in and that is how it is meant to work.
It kills the colony because it gets to the queen

Spray only works on visible nests ??
And visible wasps...yeah ?
AUSTRALIA
<<

stilivn

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Yeah have to get contact. I didn't know they nested like ants. From memory the spray was closer to $20.

brooksy wrote:Branden Tagg.....He is the King of all f@rkups & a Gimps bitch after hours
<<

stilivn

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Return to General Chit-Chat