FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bad day at the office

Moderators: Tiny, longlux, V8Patrol, Moderators

<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

toaddog wrote:This may make you feel better Bru

Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit.

Can you come down to Hellbourne and take lots of angry pills and do that? Pleeeeease... Things have got so bad here now that even P-Platers come onto the freeway (IF they can manage the merge) and move straight over to the right lane so they don't have to change lanes again until its time to get off. It seems they're being taught to drive like that..... Some mornings on Eastlink, you'll have one wanker hold up 20 or more cars for 10km :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

RN

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Not only P platers, it has crept in to the driving psyche of a lot of drivers. If I'm my way to a job and I am lit up those in the right lane will pull over to the left but as soon as I have passed them they get back into the right lane. Driving has really dumbed down.
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:56 am

RN wrote:Not only P platers, it has crept in to the driving psyche of a lot of drivers. If I'm my way to a job and I am lit up those in the right lane will pull over to the left but as soon as I have passed them they get back into the right lane. Driving has really dumbed down.

I think having a car cruising up and down the freeways for a few days booking a few of these idiots would be a huge start. Then the ones driving at 10 - 2-0 kph below the limit that see you approaching and change lanes in front of you as you're almost on them :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
<<

bru21

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 am

toaddog wrote:
date wrote:Toady:
"Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit."

Is that true? I have never seen anyone pulled over for driving in the right lane, at or below the speed limit - anywhere. Some people seem to think it is their God given right to occupy the fast lane any time, anywhere.

Yes they shit me.

Trying to get somewhere in a hurry with lights and siren and some window licking retard who is flat out driving without his thumb up his or her arse.

Nice, you have my full support.

RN / Toady pm me your postal addy - some EVA Coffee mugs are heading your way.
ADHD Racing would like to thank
Mrs Bru @ Sunshine Coast Developmental Physiotherapy - www.scdphysio.com.au , Ryano @ Fourbys www.generaltire.com.au Blitzkrieg Motorsport
<<

80's_delirious

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:10 am

Goatse.AJ wrote:

Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit.

Can you come down to Hellbourne and take lots of angry pills and do that? Pleeeeease... Things have got so bad here now that even P-Platers come onto the freeway (IF they can manage the merge)and move straight over to the right lane so they don't have to change lanes again until its time to get off. It seems they're being taught to drive like that..... Some mornings on Eastlink, you'll have one wanker hold up 20 or more cars for 10km :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

Then come to NSW and explain the concept to NSW coppers. Never seen, nor heard if anyone being pulled up for playing "speed limiter" in the right lane. Some people are deadset militant about upholding their right to drive in the right lane regardless of what's going on behind them. On the M1 its often quicker to stick in the left lane due to all the tards in the right lane!
RN wrote:pussy is out, its the log for me... Thank you Jesus.
<<

B.D.R

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 am

RN or any other Vic police....

Any particular reason that there was a LOT of coppers sitting on the FWYs yesterday with their lights on and no one there copping a tickets?

They looked like it was a public service, NOT puled people over then left, seen 2 marked cars at the Blackburn exit, and another one on the Springvale road exit.

Then a couple more going down Canterbury rd :D
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:40 am

80's_delirious wrote:
Goatse.AJ wrote:

Can you come down to Hellbourne and take lots of angry pills and do that? Pleeeeease... Things have got so bad here now that even P-Platers come onto the freeway (IF they can manage the merge)and move straight over to the right lane so they don't have to change lanes again until its time to get off. It seems they're being taught to drive like that..... Some mornings on Eastlink, you'll have one wanker hold up 20 or more cars for 10km :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

Then come to NSW and explain the concept to NSW coppers. Never seen, nor heard if anyone being pulled up for playing "speed limiter" in the right lane. Some people are deadset militant about upholding their right to drive in the right lane regardless of what's going on behind them. On the M1 its often quicker to stick in the left lane due to all the tards in the right lane!

The amount of congestion and dangerous behaviour these retards create as others try to get around them is incredible. But they remain convinced that they're great drivers because they aren't speeding and they aren't directly involved in the carnage they could potentially create. :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
<<

shakes

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:41 am

bru21 wrote:As the speed limits decrease, I find myself way more frustrated with slow drivers. I feel if the road that is now 80, at least do 80 and not 60!!!!! I essentially have 2 full time jobs (work 7 days) and my time is precious.
How people slow polk their way through life, I simply cannot fathom.

On the flipside there is more than life to work and from that small statement (and the assumptions surrounding it) your rushing your way towards an early grave. At the very least to be well and truly burnt out.

Taking a few extra minutes to get ready and enjoy breakfast in the morning. Then rolling leisurely to work enjoying the sun/rain/wind/joggers/etc has increased my moods out of sight, and in turn productivity and ability to make good decisions at work.
<<

shakes

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:43 am

Goatse.AJ wrote:
80's_delirious wrote:
Goatse.AJ wrote:

The amount of congestion and dangerous behaviour these retards create as others try to get around them is incredible. But they remain convinced that they're great drivers because they aren't speeding and they aren't directly involved in the carnage they could potentially create. :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

Who says government propganda doesn't work? Everyone has been guilted or had their wallets scared into slowing down.

Has the road toll substantially dropped?
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:48 am

B.D.R wrote:RN or any other Vic police....

Any particular reason that there was a LOT of coppers sitting on the FWYs yesterday with their lights on and no one there copping a tickets?

They looked like it was a public service, NOT puled people over then left, seen 2 marked cars at the Blackburn exit, and another one on the Springvale road exit.

I believe they had a couple of the rego cameras out on the Eastern. Pinged quite a few too :armsup: :armsup: :armsup: People who shouldn't be on the road, whether unlicensed, unregistered, stolen vehicle, ,etc. are way over-represented in crash statistics.
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:58 am

shakes wrote:................

Who says government propganda doesn't work? Everyone has been guilted or had their wallets scared into slowing down.

Has the road toll substantially dropped?

It did work, but it seems to have stagnated/started to rise slightly again.

I believe that the current model of trying to REMOVE risk by such stringent focus on speed and hooning has lead to a serious reduction in the competence of Victorian drivers and has had the unfortunate consequence of the loss in the general populace of the culture of driving being a valued skill. Driving has been reduced to lowest common denominator stuff. As per the right hand lane hogs on freeways, a lot of people now consider you a hoon if you change lanes more than 2 or 3 times in 10km on the freeway :?
<<

toaddog

Tickle me!

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:02 am

Protesting against labor election win.
2008 Patrol wagon and 99 Patrol TD Ute
Cairns
<<

Offtrack

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Speaking of poor drivers, I had a sales rep, with a current model BMW (reverse sensors etc) who found it too hard to reverse into a loading bay that Semi trailers use daily! She is mid 40s, so would probably have 20 years driving experience....still can't do a simple maneuver.
GQ + some bits added - some bits falling off = even.

Nothing comes to those who wait!
<<

chris_stoffa

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Offtrack wrote:Speaking of poor drivers, I had a sales rep, with a current model BMW (reverse sensors etc) who found it too hard to reverse into a loading bay that Semi trailers use daily! She is mid 40s, so would probably have 20 years driving experience....still can't do a simple maneuver.

Correction - she had 20 years lack of driving experience - she only drives to the level of her limitations ,just like many will only park in particular types of parking configurations ( parallel / angled / reverse ) and the result is her ongoing inability.

She was probably never taught how to do it, has developed a fear or phobia and her method of dealing with it is to not do it.

Which is exactly what is happening now with our kids, they are taught to drive to get a licence, not taught how to competently drive a car, as it is hammered into them what they need to do to pass the test , only that, to the point of fear of doing anything other than what will get them the licence.

Is it any wonder that their risk levels are insane until they actually gain some experience , or die like lemmings.

I think our governments have a lot to answer for regarding driver education.
Cancel my subscription - I don't want any of your issues
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Offtrack wrote:Speaking of poor drivers, I had a sales rep, with a current model BMW (reverse sensors etc) who found it too hard to reverse into a loading bay that Semi trailers use daily! She is mid 40s, so would probably have 20 years driving experience....still can't do a simple maneuver.

When we started getting cars here at work with reverse sensors, and particularly the ones with cameras, our rate of reverse parking-related collisions went through the farking roof.
<<

80's_delirious

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:28 pm

[quote="B.D.R"]RN or any other Vic police....

Then a couple more going down Canterbury rd :D[/quot

Deterrent?

NSW cops seem to have stopped pulling people up on the motorways. Regularly see HP sitting in the usual radar trap spots, but no radar out, and rarely anyone stopped. More than once I've gone past above the limit and thought "shit, I'm gone" but no reaction at all.
<<

RN

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm off for a few months...having some me time.... but I suggest it may have either been either a new Road Policing programme of being very visible in the lead up to the silly season or a local in your face initiative. Department is facing a very high road toll compared to last year so they tend to get fidgety...

RN thinking of nothing in particular at the moment. :armsup:
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

B.D.R

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Makes sence :D
<<

80's_delirious

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:46 pm

RN wrote:...having some ME time....

ME?

Merlot Everyday?
<<

RN

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:10 pm

80's_delirious wrote:

ME?

Merlot Everyday?

Shiraz is the new drop...... :D
<<

DamTriton

God of Athiests

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:25 pm

From trip computer while I was in Melbourne for a conference. MEL a/p -> Cranbourne (Depart Sat 14:00). Cranbourne -> South Melbourne (Queens Rd) (Dep Fri 12:30). South Melbourne -> MEL a/p (Dep Thur 10:00).

Trip duration 3:32
Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

Not a hope in hell of a speeding ticket. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
George Carlin, an American Comedian said; "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise that half of them are stupider than that".
<<

RN

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:33 pm

DamTriton wrote:From trip computer while I was in Melbourne for a conference. MEL a/p -> Cranbourne (Depart Sat 14:00). Cranbourne -> South Melbourne (Queens Rd) (Dep Fri 12:30). South Melbourne -> MEL a/p (Dep Thur 10:00).

Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

It is deliberate, to allow the culture to soak in. If you travel too quickly there is no hope. Consider yourself cultured..
<<

-Nemesis-

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Sitting in the Cruiser on the edge of the highway waiting for the Mrs to get supplies for our day out, I had a bloke in a new black BMW reverse park under my bullbar! There was barely room for a bike between my Cruiser (35's, silver, stands out like dogs balls) and the car in front. Old mate mafia pulls up next to the car in front, casually reverse parks so badly that it went under my bullbar at a 45deg angle! With a crunch and rocking of the big bus.

I didn't beep or anything figuring his reverse doohickeys will warn him. Nup... Creased quarter panel, smashed tail assembly lol... Hit the rubber buffer under the winch fairlead and didn't leave a mark on mine. Couldn't help but laugh when I got out (though I'm glad it wasn't the wifes daily XR8 we were in!)
Lovin the FZJ105-T, bling by Ryano
<<

DamTriton

God of Athiests

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:53 pm

RN wrote:
DamTriton wrote:From trip computer while I was in Melbourne for a conference. MEL a/p -> Cranbourne (Depart Sat 14:00). Cranbourne -> South Melbourne (Queens Rd) (Dep Fri 12:30). South Melbourne -> MEL a/p (Dep Thur 10:00).

Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

It is deliberate, to allow the culture to soak in. If you travel too quickly there is no hope. Consider yourself cultured..

The funny thing is that I got back to work today (mine site - speed limit 40kmh) and felt like I was speeding.
George Carlin, an American Comedian said; "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise that half of them are stupider than that".
<<

RN

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 pm

DamTriton wrote:
RN wrote:

Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

The funny thing is that I got back to work today (mine site - speed limit 40kmh) and felt like I was speeding.

So you had an experience then....tis all good
<<

oldmate

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 am

80's_delirious wrote:

NSW cops seem to have stopped pulling people up on the motorways. Regularly see HP sitting in the usual radar trap spots, but no radar out, and rarely anyone stopped. More than once I've gone past above the limit and thought "shit, I'm gone" but no reaction at all.

The cops used to stand on the highway and flag people over. Then a few years back one cop from the central coast got flattened by a car. They don't do that any more...

What you've got to watch out for now is the motorcycle cops lane splitting and getting people on their phones. I saw A MR side curtain truck get busted the other day. No body is safe.
The worst part about being told you have Alzheimer's, is that it doesn't just happen once.
<<

udlman

King of Wishful Thinking

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:14 am

oldmate wrote:What you've got to watch out for now is the motorcycle cops lane splitting and getting people on their phones. I saw A MR side curtain truck get busted the other day. No body is safe.

I wish they would do that on the M1 up here on the Brissy to Gold Coast run and catch the pricks on the bikes who lane split at 110 and those who think that if they hold the phone to their mouth whilst on speaker that they aren't doing anything wrong..
Rule #1 - Never argue with an idiot.
Rule #2 - If you find an idiot trying to argue a point, Refer to Rule #1
<<

Emo

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:03 am

RN wrote:
80's_delirious wrote:

ME?

Merlot Everyday?