Contact Email List
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bad day at the office

Moderators: Tiny, longlux, V8Patrol, Moderators

<<

Goatse.AJ

User avatar

Posts: 14491

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:09 pm

Location: Trip Trip Trappin' across a bridge

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

toaddog wrote:This may make you feel better Bru

Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit.



Can you come down to Hellbourne and take lots of angry pills and do that? Pleeeeease... Things have got so bad here now that even P-Platers come onto the freeway (IF they can manage the merge) and move straight over to the right lane so they don't have to change lanes again until its time to get off. It seems they're being taught to drive like that..... Some mornings on Eastlink, you'll have one wanker hold up 20 or more cars for 10km :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

RN

User avatar

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Posts: 15970

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Location: Check your six.

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

Not only P platers, it has crept in to the driving psyche of a lot of drivers. If I'm my way to a job and I am lit up those in the right lane will pull over to the left but as soon as I have passed them they get back into the right lane. Driving has really dumbed down.
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

Goatse.AJ

User avatar

Posts: 14491

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:09 pm

Location: Trip Trip Trappin' across a bridge

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:56 am

Re: Bad day at the office

RN wrote:Not only P platers, it has crept in to the driving psyche of a lot of drivers. If I'm my way to a job and I am lit up those in the right lane will pull over to the left but as soon as I have passed them they get back into the right lane. Driving has really dumbed down.



I think having a car cruising up and down the freeways for a few days booking a few of these idiots would be a huge start. Then the ones driving at 10 - 2-0 kph below the limit that see you approaching and change lanes in front of you as you're almost on them :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

bru21

User avatar

Posts: 4427

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:39 pm

Location: Sunshine Coast

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Bad day at the office

toaddog wrote:
date wrote:Toady:
"Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit."

Is that true? I have never seen anyone pulled over for driving in the right lane, at or below the speed limit - anywhere. Some people seem to think it is their God given right to occupy the fast lane any time, anywhere.



Yes they shit me.

Trying to get somewhere in a hurry with lights and siren and some window licking retard who is flat out driving without his thumb up his or her arse.


Nice, you have my full support.

RN / Toady pm me your postal addy - some EVA Coffee mugs are heading your way.
ADHD Racing would like to thank
Mrs Bru @ Sunshine Coast Developmental Physiotherapy - www.scdphysio.com.au , Ryano @ Fourbys www.generaltire.com.au Blitzkrieg Motorsport
<<

80's_delirious

User avatar

Posts: 3740

Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Location: Licking a window near you

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:10 am

Re: Bad day at the office

Goatse.AJ wrote:
toaddog wrote:This may make you feel better Bru

Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit.



Can you come down to Hellbourne and take lots of angry pills and do that? Pleeeeease... Things have got so bad here now that even P-Platers come onto the freeway (IF they can manage the merge)and move straight over to the right lane so they don't have to change lanes again until its time to get off. It seems they're being taught to drive like that..... Some mornings on Eastlink, you'll have one wanker hold up 20 or more cars for 10km :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:



Then come to NSW and explain the concept to NSW coppers. Never seen, nor heard if anyone being pulled up for playing "speed limiter" in the right lane. Some people are deadset militant about upholding their right to drive in the right lane regardless of what's going on behind them. On the M1 its often quicker to stick in the left lane due to all the tards in the right lane!
RN wrote:pussy is out, its the log for me... Thank you Jesus.
<<

B.D.R

User avatar

Posts: 1081

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:43 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 am

Re: Bad day at the office

RN or any other Vic police....

Any particular reason that there was a LOT of coppers sitting on the FWYs yesterday with their lights on and no one there copping a tickets?

They looked like it was a public service, NOT puled people over then left, seen 2 marked cars at the Blackburn exit, and another one on the Springvale road exit.

Then a couple more going down Canterbury rd :D
<<

Goatse.AJ

User avatar

Posts: 14491

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:09 pm

Location: Trip Trip Trappin' across a bridge

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:40 am

Re: Bad day at the office

80's_delirious wrote:
Goatse.AJ wrote:
toaddog wrote:This may make you feel better Bru

Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit.



Can you come down to Hellbourne and take lots of angry pills and do that? Pleeeeease... Things have got so bad here now that even P-Platers come onto the freeway (IF they can manage the merge)and move straight over to the right lane so they don't have to change lanes again until its time to get off. It seems they're being taught to drive like that..... Some mornings on Eastlink, you'll have one wanker hold up 20 or more cars for 10km :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:



Then come to NSW and explain the concept to NSW coppers. Never seen, nor heard if anyone being pulled up for playing "speed limiter" in the right lane. Some people are deadset militant about upholding their right to drive in the right lane regardless of what's going on behind them. On the M1 its often quicker to stick in the left lane due to all the tards in the right lane!



The amount of congestion and dangerous behaviour these retards create as others try to get around them is incredible. But they remain convinced that they're great drivers because they aren't speeding and they aren't directly involved in the carnage they could potentially create. :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

shakes

User avatar

Posts: 3387

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:26 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:41 am

Re: Bad day at the office

bru21 wrote:As the speed limits decrease, I find myself way more frustrated with slow drivers. I feel if the road that is now 80, at least do 80 and not 60!!!!! I essentially have 2 full time jobs (work 7 days) and my time is precious.
How people slow polk their way through life, I simply cannot fathom.


On the flipside there is more than life to work and from that small statement (and the assumptions surrounding it) your rushing your way towards an early grave. At the very least to be well and truly burnt out.

Taking a few extra minutes to get ready and enjoy breakfast in the morning. Then rolling leisurely to work enjoying the sun/rain/wind/joggers/etc has increased my moods out of sight, and in turn productivity and ability to make good decisions at work.
<<

shakes

User avatar

Posts: 3387

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:26 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Bad day at the office

Goatse.AJ wrote:
80's_delirious wrote:
Goatse.AJ wrote:
toaddog wrote:This may make you feel better Bru

Some times I spend hours driving up and down the dual lanes here pulling over people who hog the right hand lane at 20 kmph under the speed limit.



Can you come down to Hellbourne and take lots of angry pills and do that? Pleeeeease... Things have got so bad here now that even P-Platers come onto the freeway (IF they can manage the merge)and move straight over to the right lane so they don't have to change lanes again until its time to get off. It seems they're being taught to drive like that..... Some mornings on Eastlink, you'll have one wanker hold up 20 or more cars for 10km :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:



Then come to NSW and explain the concept to NSW coppers. Never seen, nor heard if anyone being pulled up for playing "speed limiter" in the right lane. Some people are deadset militant about upholding their right to drive in the right lane regardless of what's going on behind them. On the M1 its often quicker to stick in the left lane due to all the tards in the right lane!



The amount of congestion and dangerous behaviour these retards create as others try to get around them is incredible. But they remain convinced that they're great drivers because they aren't speeding and they aren't directly involved in the carnage they could potentially create. :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:



Who says government propganda doesn't work? Everyone has been guilted or had their wallets scared into slowing down.

Has the road toll substantially dropped?
<<

Goatse.AJ

User avatar

Posts: 14491

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:09 pm

Location: Trip Trip Trappin' across a bridge

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:48 am

Re: Bad day at the office

B.D.R wrote:RN or any other Vic police....

Any particular reason that there was a LOT of coppers sitting on the FWYs yesterday with their lights on and no one there copping a tickets?

They looked like it was a public service, NOT puled people over then left, seen 2 marked cars at the Blackburn exit, and another one on the Springvale road exit.

Then a couple more going down Canterbury rd :D


I believe they had a couple of the rego cameras out on the Eastern. Pinged quite a few too :armsup: :armsup: :armsup: People who shouldn't be on the road, whether unlicensed, unregistered, stolen vehicle, ,etc. are way over-represented in crash statistics.
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

Goatse.AJ

User avatar

Posts: 14491

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:09 pm

Location: Trip Trip Trappin' across a bridge

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:58 am

Re: Bad day at the office

shakes wrote:................

Who says government propganda doesn't work? Everyone has been guilted or had their wallets scared into slowing down.

Has the road toll substantially dropped?


It did work, but it seems to have stagnated/started to rise slightly again.

I believe that the current model of trying to REMOVE risk by such stringent focus on speed and hooning has lead to a serious reduction in the competence of Victorian drivers and has had the unfortunate consequence of the loss in the general populace of the culture of driving being a valued skill. Driving has been reduced to lowest common denominator stuff. As per the right hand lane hogs on freeways, a lot of people now consider you a hoon if you change lanes more than 2 or 3 times in 10km on the freeway :?
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

toaddog

User avatar

Tickle me!

Posts: 3910

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:25 pm

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:02 am

Re: Bad day at the office

B.D.R wrote:RN or any other Vic police....

Any particular reason that there was a LOT of coppers sitting on the FWYs yesterday with their lights on and no one there copping a tickets?

They looked like it was a public service, NOT puled people over then left, seen 2 marked cars at the Blackburn exit, and another one on the Springvale road exit.

Then a couple more going down Canterbury rd :D



Protesting against labor election win.
2008 Patrol wagon and 99 Patrol TD Ute
Cairns
<<

Offtrack

User avatar

Posts: 1107

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:54 am

Location: Melbourne

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

Speaking of poor drivers, I had a sales rep, with a current model BMW (reverse sensors etc) who found it too hard to reverse into a loading bay that Semi trailers use daily! She is mid 40s, so would probably have 20 years driving experience....still can't do a simple maneuver.
GQ + some bits added - some bits falling off = even.


Nothing comes to those who wait!
<<

chris_stoffa

User avatar

Posts: 1400

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Location: Western Burbs Melb

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

Offtrack wrote:Speaking of poor drivers, I had a sales rep, with a current model BMW (reverse sensors etc) who found it too hard to reverse into a loading bay that Semi trailers use daily! She is mid 40s, so would probably have 20 years driving experience....still can't do a simple maneuver.


Correction - she had 20 years lack of driving experience - she only drives to the level of her limitations ,just like many will only park in particular types of parking configurations ( parallel / angled / reverse ) and the result is her ongoing inability.

She was probably never taught how to do it, has developed a fear or phobia and her method of dealing with it is to not do it.

Which is exactly what is happening now with our kids, they are taught to drive to get a licence, not taught how to competently drive a car, as it is hammered into them what they need to do to pass the test , only that, to the point of fear of doing anything other than what will get them the licence.

Is it any wonder that their risk levels are insane until they actually gain some experience , or die like lemmings.

I think our governments have a lot to answer for regarding driver education.
Cancel my subscription - I don't want any of your issues
<<

Goatse.AJ

User avatar

Posts: 14491

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:09 pm

Location: Trip Trip Trappin' across a bridge

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

Offtrack wrote:Speaking of poor drivers, I had a sales rep, with a current model BMW (reverse sensors etc) who found it too hard to reverse into a loading bay that Semi trailers use daily! She is mid 40s, so would probably have 20 years driving experience....still can't do a simple maneuver.


When we started getting cars here at work with reverse sensors, and particularly the ones with cameras, our rate of reverse parking-related collisions went through the farking roof.
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

80's_delirious

User avatar

Posts: 3740

Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Location: Licking a window near you

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

[quote="B.D.R"]RN or any other Vic police....

Any particular reason that there was a LOT of coppers sitting on the FWYs yesterday with their lights on and no one there copping a tickets?

They looked like it was a public service, NOT puled people over then left, seen 2 marked cars at the Blackburn exit, and another one on the Springvale road exit.

Then a couple more going down Canterbury rd :D[/quot


Deterrent?

NSW cops seem to have stopped pulling people up on the motorways. Regularly see HP sitting in the usual radar trap spots, but no radar out, and rarely anyone stopped. More than once I've gone past above the limit and thought "shit, I'm gone" but no reaction at all.
RN wrote:pussy is out, its the log for me... Thank you Jesus.
<<

RN

User avatar

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Posts: 15970

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Location: Check your six.

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

B.D.R wrote:RN or any other Vic police....

Any particular reason that there was a LOT of coppers sitting on the FWYs yesterday with their lights on and no one there copping a tickets?

They looked like it was a public service, NOT puled people over then left, seen 2 marked cars at the Blackburn exit, and another one on the Springvale road exit.

Then a couple more going down Canterbury rd :D


I'm off for a few months...having some me time.... but I suggest it may have either been either a new Road Policing programme of being very visible in the lead up to the silly season or a local in your face initiative. Department is facing a very high road toll compared to last year so they tend to get fidgety...

RN thinking of nothing in particular at the moment. :armsup:
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

B.D.R

User avatar

Posts: 1081

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:43 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

Makes sence :D
<<

80's_delirious

User avatar

Posts: 3740

Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Location: Licking a window near you

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

RN wrote:...having some ME time....

RN thinking of nothing in particular at the moment. :armsup:


ME?

Merlot Everyday?
RN wrote:pussy is out, its the log for me... Thank you Jesus.
<<

RN

User avatar

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Posts: 15970

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Location: Check your six.

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

80's_delirious wrote:
RN wrote:...having some ME time....

RN thinking of nothing in particular at the moment. :armsup:


ME?

Merlot Everyday?


Shiraz is the new drop...... :D
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

DamTriton

User avatar

God of Athiests

Posts: 8508

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:14 am

Location: Drownsville if not Brownsville

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

From trip computer while I was in Melbourne for a conference. MEL a/p -> Cranbourne (Depart Sat 14:00). Cranbourne -> South Melbourne (Queens Rd) (Dep Fri 12:30). South Melbourne -> MEL a/p (Dep Thur 10:00).

Trip duration 3:32
Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

Not a hope in hell of a speeding ticket. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
George Carlin, an American Comedian said; "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise that half of them are stupider than that".
<<

RN

User avatar

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Posts: 15970

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Location: Check your six.

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

DamTriton wrote:From trip computer while I was in Melbourne for a conference. MEL a/p -> Cranbourne (Depart Sat 14:00). Cranbourne -> South Melbourne (Queens Rd) (Dep Fri 12:30). South Melbourne -> MEL a/p (Dep Thur 10:00).

Trip duration 3:32
Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

Not a hope in hell of a speeding ticket. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


It is deliberate, to allow the culture to soak in. If you travel too quickly there is no hope. Consider yourself cultured..
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

-Nemesis-

User avatar

Posts: 2470

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:17 pm

Location: Blaxland... Just up from Renriff!

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

Offtrack wrote:Speaking of poor drivers, I had a sales rep, with a current model BMW (reverse sensors etc) who found it too hard to reverse into a loading bay that Semi trailers use daily! She is mid 40s, so would probably have 20 years driving experience....still can't do a simple maneuver.



Sitting in the Cruiser on the edge of the highway waiting for the Mrs to get supplies for our day out, I had a bloke in a new black BMW reverse park under my bullbar! There was barely room for a bike between my Cruiser (35's, silver, stands out like dogs balls) and the car in front. Old mate mafia pulls up next to the car in front, casually reverse parks so badly that it went under my bullbar at a 45deg angle! With a crunch and rocking of the big bus.

I didn't beep or anything figuring his reverse doohickeys will warn him. Nup... Creased quarter panel, smashed tail assembly lol... Hit the rubber buffer under the winch fairlead and didn't leave a mark on mine. Couldn't help but laugh when I got out (though I'm glad it wasn't the wifes daily XR8 we were in!)
Lovin the FZJ105-T, bling by Ryano
<<

DamTriton

User avatar

God of Athiests

Posts: 8508

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:14 am

Location: Drownsville if not Brownsville

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

RN wrote:
DamTriton wrote:From trip computer while I was in Melbourne for a conference. MEL a/p -> Cranbourne (Depart Sat 14:00). Cranbourne -> South Melbourne (Queens Rd) (Dep Fri 12:30). South Melbourne -> MEL a/p (Dep Thur 10:00).

Trip duration 3:32
Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

Not a hope in hell of a speeding ticket. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


It is deliberate, to allow the culture to soak in. If you travel too quickly there is no hope. Consider yourself cultured..


The funny thing is that I got back to work today (mine site - speed limit 40kmh) and felt like I was speeding.
George Carlin, an American Comedian said; "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise that half of them are stupider than that".
<<

RN

User avatar

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Posts: 15970

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Location: Check your six.

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Re: Bad day at the office

DamTriton wrote:
RN wrote:
DamTriton wrote:From trip computer while I was in Melbourne for a conference. MEL a/p -> Cranbourne (Depart Sat 14:00). Cranbourne -> South Melbourne (Queens Rd) (Dep Fri 12:30). South Melbourne -> MEL a/p (Dep Thur 10:00).

Trip duration 3:32
Trip distance 123km
Average speed 35km/h

Not a hope in hell of a speeding ticket. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


It is deliberate, to allow the culture to soak in. If you travel too quickly there is no hope. Consider yourself cultured..


The funny thing is that I got back to work today (mine site - speed limit 40kmh) and felt like I was speeding.


So you had an experience then....tis all good
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

oldmate

User avatar

Posts: 1388

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Location: Newcastle

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 am

Re: Bad day at the office

80's_delirious wrote:

NSW cops seem to have stopped pulling people up on the motorways. Regularly see HP sitting in the usual radar trap spots, but no radar out, and rarely anyone stopped. More than once I've gone past above the limit and thought "shit, I'm gone" but no reaction at all.


The cops used to stand on the highway and flag people over. Then a few years back one cop from the central coast got flattened by a car. They don't do that any more...

What you've got to watch out for now is the motorcycle cops lane splitting and getting people on their phones. I saw A MR side curtain truck get busted the other day. No body is safe.
The worst part about being told you have Alzheimer's, is that it doesn't just happen once.
<<

udlman

User avatar

King of Wishful Thinking

Posts: 1219

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:47 am

Location: Brisvegas

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:14 am

Re: Bad day at the office

oldmate wrote:What you've got to watch out for now is the motorcycle cops lane splitting and getting people on their phones. I saw A MR side curtain truck get busted the other day. No body is safe.


I wish they would do that on the M1 up here on the Brissy to Gold Coast run and catch the pricks on the bikes who lane split at 110 and those who think that if they hold the phone to their mouth whilst on speaker that they aren't doing anything wrong..
Rule #1 - Never argue with an idiot.
Rule #2 - If you find an idiot trying to argue a point, Refer to Rule #1
<<

Emo

User avatar

Posts: 4137

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:46 pm

Location: Sunshine Coast

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:03 am

Re: Bad day at the office

RN wrote:
80's_delirious wrote:
RN wrote:...having some ME time....

RN thinking of nothing in particular at the moment. :armsup:


ME?

Merlot Everyday?


Shiraz is the new drop...... :D


A much better choice.
Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.
eBay Sniper
Time : 0.130s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off | Load : 0.13