Contact Email List
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Did someone find a life

Moderators: Tiny, longlux, V8Patrol, Moderators

<<

RN

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Did someone find a life

no activity from Sunday Morning...wow..a new record.
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

Banzy

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Re: Did someone find a life

<<

toaddog

Tickle me!

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Well I have not crashed any police cars in a couple of days so nothing to post about.
2008 Patrol wagon and 99 Patrol TD Ute
Cairns
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:02 pm

I've been studying Uranus.

Apparently there's LOTS of gas there :D

There’s a lot more happening in Uranus than you think

November 15, 2014 12:20PM

An artwork of planet Uranus in space. Source: Supplied

THERE’S something strange going down in Uranus.

For years, experts have thought that the seventh planet from the Sun was one of the calmest gas giants in our Solar System — but a University of Arizona astronomer believes there’s a lot more than meets the eye under the world’s surface.

Erich Karkoschka presented findings this week in Tuscon which revealed that the seemingly blue planet’s southern hemisphere rotates in a way never seen before by scientists. Apparently it's quietly Dutch-ovening itself out there.

“The unusual rotation of high southern latitudes of Uranus is probably due to an unusual feature in the interior of Uranus,” he said in a statement released Friday.

“While the nature of the feature and its interaction with the atmosphere are not yet known, the fact that I found this unusual rotation offers new possibilities to learn about the interior of a giant planet.”

This picture was taken by Voyager 2 of Uranus as it passed the giant planet, discovering a previously unnoticed moon. Credit: NASA Source: News Limited

Karkoschka made his results known during the meeting of the Division for Planetary Science of the American Astronomical Association.

Astronomers have consistently tried to find clues about the insides of the four gas planets, but groundbreaking discoveries have yet to be unveiled — until now.

“All previous observations of the giant planets indicated that these planets rotate in a regular way, meaning the rotational rates in their respective southern and northern latitudes are about the same.” Karkoschka said.

“My analysis suggests rotational rates in the high latitudes of Uranus are highly asymmetrical, with some southern latitudes possibly rotating as much as 15 per cent faster than their northern counterparts.”

Planets comprised of gas usually have thick and cloudy atmospheres which rotate at the same speed around the northern and southern hemispheres. What sets Uranus apart from the pack is its “convective clouds caused by updraft and condensation” that can sometimes extend over hundreds of miles, according to Karkoschka.

This story originally appeared on the New York Post
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

Mowie

Location: While you were reading this I sent dirty text messages to your mum.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:23 am

What happened to outers??
chimpboy wrote:I might be reading that wrong, but it sounds like you are saying you want to come out of the closet and then rape my bottom or something..?
<<

Banzy

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Mowie wrote:What happened to outers??

I think Facebook has a lot to do with it. There's pages that are more local and relevant to people than web site forums.........just a theory.

Example: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=220974

Before Facebook, people would have looked on 4wd forums for info........

Also, the 4WD scene has changed a lot over the last 10-12 years.

........and possibly some unpopular mod / admin decisions a few years ago. :)
<<

Roctoy

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Mowie wrote:What happened to outers??

yeah, I haven't been here for ages, thought I'd check it out for old times sake...

seems like the ole forum has had it's day... pitty really, made some good friends from this place.

:cry:
Looking for Beadlocks, Rim Guards, Brackets, Fairleads and more?

Designfab - Home of Off Road Trickery.
http://www.designfab.com.au

GRIMACE wrote:How I miss the days of care free wheelin with the crews!
<<

SCANAS

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Yep I've only been around for 6 years but after RUFF Tony gave it up a little bit of outers died. To be honest a few long termers treated noobs like shit & despite Tiny's best efforts it's never been as good.

Lots of good folks on here & oodles of great tech but just no new blood to keep it going.

You need tough cars out on the tracks & at 4wd events with stickers to drum up some action again but sadly I don't think anyone gives a shit.

Personally I don't own any tough 4bs anymore. Too much hassle from the police & besides we're fighting a loosing battle for our tracks, so you don't need a tough car anymore. If you cant street a tough 4b & use it on good local tracks then all you have left is touring ( plenty of forums cover that ) & competition.
I'm not quitting drinking, I'm retiring at the top of my game - sporting comeback likely.
<<

SCANAS

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm

BRING BACK:

BOGGED
DRS
BEALLY
BEARDED_1
GRIMACE
MICKA
RAY
VULC
TYLER
MILO
HEATH GU
DAZ
OLD MATE WITH THE ORANGE 75
Z()ltan
THE GUY FROM GYMPIE WHO BUILD SIERRA's
PROFFESSOR
BUSHY555
WANT33s
VW DAVE
STRUTH
BJ ON ROIDS

all the hilux guys who used to war on here

etc etc
I'm not quitting drinking, I'm retiring at the top of my game - sporting comeback likely.
<<

DUDELUX

God of Umm

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Definitely Stalkbook has a lot to do with it, I pop in here every couple of days to see whats going on, but most people are on FB these days, myself included. Its a shame, this place was the major beginning of my 4x4 addiction. Although, building the DL has taken a back seat for quite a while, it hasn't been out in any type of off road scenario for well over 18months now. I haven't done anything since the lockers went in a year ago. Its just a school bus these days.

I love this place, still do, it opened my eyes up to heaps of things I never knew or thought about. Ive met a lot of people from here that have become good mates, Ive bought stuff off here, Ive sold stuff on here.

As far as OL stickers go, a while back, I was trying to find anyone that had a template, or an untouched sticker, that I could use to get more made. I spoke with Tony about it, he was ok with it. The main reason he didn't want stickers done, is due to all the flat brimmers that run Unit, or Jet Pilot stickers on their cars, doing burnouts, and generally hooning around in their modded 4x4s, and if they have an Outers sticker, it would bring (a) bad publicity, and (b) the wrong kinds of people to our part of the interwebz.

If anyone has, or knows of any untouched Outers stickers(the one with the drive it logo), please get in touch with me. Ill get more made, and it might get the word out. I think we need some on some of the regular forum members comp trucks for the spectators to see, get the name out there again.
Twon would run one, Id put it on there when he wasn't looking, although, I don't think hed mind, this place has been good to him too.
MrsForby wrote:Oh I desperately truly love the taco.
<<

RO8M

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:22 pm

DUDELUX wrote:If anyone has, or knows of any untouched Outers stickers(the one with the drive it logo), please get in touch with me.

What's your address?
http://imgur.com/71pyuF3.jpg
My name is Rob.

His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

This is legal advice.
<<

rockcrawler31

Location: Blue Mountains, or on a rig somewhere in bumf*ck idaho

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:40 pm

SCANAS wrote:BRING BACK:

BOGGED
DRS
BEALLY
BEARDED_1
GRIMACE
MICKA
RAY
VULC
TYLER
MILO
HEATH GU
DAZ
Z()ltan
PROFFESSOR
BUSHY555
WANT33s
VW DAVE
STRUTH
BJ ON ROIDS

etc etc

Yu lang??!!

I had to stop coming on here to stop struth's constant sexual advances

I do miss the old flavour and constant buzz here. I don't know where it went wrong, I'm on other forums regularly like lcool and myswag but compared to the stoushes here they're just so sterile!!
http://www.populationparty.org.au/
<<

Banzy

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:34 am

I thought Chimpy might come back now the ALP is back in business in Vic.
<<

80's_delirious

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:04 am

rockcrawler31 wrote:
SCANAS wrote:BRING BACK:

BOGGED
DRS
BEALLY
BEARDED_1
GRIMACE
MICKA
RAY
VULC
TYLER
MILO
HEATH GU
DAZ
Z()ltan
PROFFESSOR
BUSHY555
WANT33s
VW DAVE
STRUTH
BJ ON ROIDS

etc etc

Yu lang??!!

I had to stop coming on here to stop struth's constant sexual advances

I do miss the old flavour and constant buzz here. I don't know where it went wrong, I'm on other forums regularly like lcool and myswag but compared to the stoushes here they're just so sterile!!

I never realised struth was vertically challenged! :D

As for lcool, sneaze in there and someone will have a teary moment :D. Milo + Lcool = a match made in heaven :finger:
RN wrote:pussy is out, its the log for me... Thank you Jesus.
<<

rockcrawler31

Location: Blue Mountains, or on a rig somewhere in bumf*ck idaho

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Been a few times I've pointed out the truth of things and the mods have stepped in to change their knickers :lol:
http://www.populationparty.org.au/
<<

-Nemesis-

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:22 pm

My Outers sticker ended up in bits on a track at Glasshouse (along with the rest of the windscreen and most of the other windows, 1000km from home oops) many years ago!

Still have the old camping box with the :finger: :armsup: stickers

I think places like Outers were so active when all the then new tech questions about popular engine conversions, SAS's etc were still fairly fresh and new on the scene, especially with the older trucks getting these mods. Over the years the questions get asked less as the info is already out there, old hands get a bit sick of answering same old's from 10 years ago maybe? I know Twisty and I still get the odd message asking how to put 1UZ's in 4Runners! Seems like ancient history now...
Lovin the FZJ105-T, bling by Ryano
<<

DUDELUX

God of Umm

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:18 pm

RO8M wrote:
DUDELUX wrote:If anyone has, or knows of any untouched Outers stickers(the one with the drive it logo), please get in touch with me.

What's your address?
http://imgur.com/71pyuF3.jpg

PM incominging.
MrsForby wrote:Oh I desperately truly love the taco.

Return to General Chit-Chat