Goatse.AJ

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Re: "The Totaly Off Topic Thread"

Foo on patrol wrote:
Tiny wrote:Congrats Busiboy On the arrival of boy number 2

:armsup: :armsup:

Foo

Congrats Mr & Mrs Busiboy :armsup: :armsup: :armsup:
bru21 wrote:What happens in goat, stays in goat!
<<

Busiboy

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:38 pm

:armsup:
Something witty said by someone famous
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Busiboy wrote: :armsup:

LOL
<<

Busiboy

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:09 am

Isaac John. 3.575 kgs, 51 cm both doing well
<<

Foo on patrol

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Ouch! :shock:

Foo
<<

DUDELUX

God of Umm

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:42 pm

SCANAS wrote:Nah was hoping you'd dropped off the perch & you left me your BMX collection. Figuered Milo had called dibbs on the lux.
You take a sabatacle?

What BMX collection?? If you mean the pile of old frames nobody wants and I think they could be useful one day, and the boxes of old bits and pieces. Hit me up if you want anything specific.
Milo doesn't want the DL, I don't want it sometimes. Its just a highly modified schoolbus these days.

Congrats to Emma and Jeremy, and Mrs and Mrs Busi on the new additions to the family.

I hear Twon and Watto are currently having special man cuddles up at Fraser Is.

On a different note, Ill be in Ardeer in a couple of weeks, for a week. Get there on a sunday, training all week, come home Friday. Doing some training on machines.
Can any of the Melbourne folk tell me about this place. Ill only be staying at Ardeer, training in Werribee. Need to know about places to stay away from, good places to eat. Really want to stay away from maccas and that kind of shit food. Been trying to get fitter so want to eat almost kinda healthy.

How is everyone??
MrsForby wrote:Oh I desperately truly love the taco.
<<

Busiboy

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Foo on patrol wrote:Ouch! :shock:

Foo

Yes and no, delivered by planned c section.

Recovering well.
<<

Tiny

Road Ranger

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Finally settle yesty, got another 2 weeks to go here then 2 weeks off to get things half sorted and then back at it, got a transfer with work so that's made it easier.

Gunna sell the bus to fund a house build, anyone had anything to do with kit homes? I quite like the look of the country style with a wrap around and don't want to a building site cut into the hill so steel frame Harding plank on stumps will suit us pretty well I think, goal is 12months
If the above post did not offend you in any way please PM me so I can try harder!!
<<

Busiboy

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:49 pm

No experience but good luck with it all.

Shipping containers er Home?
<<

Tiny

Road Ranger

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:41 am

I like the shipping container hybrids but kit is like join the dots so easier on many levels
If the above post did not offend you in any way please PM me so I can try harder!!
<<

Foo on patrol

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:46 am

Kit is fine, so long as they don't give you the Chinese version of instructions. :rofl:

Foo
<<

Tiny

Road Ranger

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 am

Be attention, the thing be only live when to specifically to follow as factory make instruct
<<

Foo on patrol

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:52 am

I built our home from a kit but even it was not detailed properly and caused me some considerable swearing and cursing and phone calls to the supplier! :bad-words: Then the stupid building inspector came along and said..... This isn't right and I asked how to fix the problem and he goes....I don't know! :crazyeyes:

Foo
<<

stilivn

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 am

Congrats Busiboy

Was talking to a friend the other day who was forced by council to build ontop of a steel frame and said it was a c#nt.
1993 80 series, 4" tough dog adjustable bb lift kit, LPG, 35" MTR'S

brooksy wrote:Branden Tagg.....He is the King of all f@rkups & a Gimps bitch after hours
<<

toaddog

Tickle me!

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:57 am

Tiny wrote:Be attention, the thing be only live when to specifically to follow as factory make instruct

Spreak engrish
2008 Patrol wagon and 99 Patrol TD Ute
Cairns
<<

DamTriton

God of Athiests

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:28 pm

toaddog wrote:
Tiny wrote:Be attention, the thing be only live when to specifically to follow as factory make instruct

Spreak engrish

要注意,这件事只能住在专门跟随的出厂化妆诲

or from google

To note, it can only live in a special follow-up instruct factory

is that clearer much very so?
George Carlin, an American Comedian said; "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise that half of them are stupider than that".
<<

Emo

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:36 pm

DUDELUX wrote:
On a different note, Ill be in Ardeer in a couple of weeks, for a week. Get there on a sunday, training all week, come home Friday. Doing some training on machines.
Can any of the Melbourne folk tell me about this place. Ill only be staying at Ardeer, training in Werribee. Need to know about places to stay away from, good places to eat. Really want to stay away from maccas and that kind of shit food. Been trying to get fitter so want to eat almost kinda healthy.

How is everyone??

The Western suburbs aren't my area so no great insight unfortunately. There's apparently a few good Asian places in Werribee with Red Pepper Malaysian & Chinese Restaurant being pretty good. Khantoak Thai and Ton Lok Noodle Bar are also pretty decent apparently. If you've got access to a car then Williamstown isn't too far away. So good eating places there.
<<

longlux

Subversive Bucolicism

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Me & the missus are touring Tasmania, so far we have been to Devonport, lilydale, Scottsdale, Launceston & Georgetown.
Hollybank treetops flying fox was fun, enjoyed the Don River Railway & liked the Penguin tour at Georgetown, it was great catching up with friends at Scottsdale :)
Workplace Safety :
Destroying our forests one Take 5 at a time.

Every time you do a Take 5 an Orangutan cries.

https://www.facebook.com/shadowthetravelcat
<<

uted1

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Even the weather has been half decent for you. I'm not far from Scottsdale. On the coast ;)
1966 fj45v
68 fj 40 build http://downunder4x4.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9759
1964 fj45 Hot rod
1982 fj45 Troopie
<<

longlux

Subversive Bucolicism

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Heading to Bridport tomorrow
Workplace Safety :
Destroying our forests one Take 5 at a time.

Every time you do a Take 5 an Orangutan cries.

https://www.facebook.com/shadowthetravelcat
<<

DamTriton

God of Athiests

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Just venting.

Loser of the week goes to National Hearing. I left my hearing aid with them last week with the request that it be seen to be repaired urgently as it's the aid from my good ear, and it is difficult to perform my work (RN) without it - very much demonstrated this week.

Long story short, I went to pick it up today and was told that they have only NOW just sent it to the manufacturer for repair and it will be another 2-3 weeks.

On all the other 13 times I have returned them for service they have been back in 10-14 days.

Put "urgent" on the order and it takes twice as long to get fixed. :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:
George Carlin, an American Comedian said; "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise that half of them are stupider than that".
<<

RN

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:32 pm

DamTriton wrote:Just venting.

Loser of the week goes to National Hearing. I left my hearing aid with them last week with the request that it be seen to be repaired urgently as it's the aid from my good ear, and it is difficult to perform my work (RN) without it - very much demonstrated this week.

Long story short, I went to pick it up today and was told that they have only NOW just sent it to the manufacturer for repair and it will be another 2-3 weeks.

On all the other 13 times I have returned them for service they have been back in 10-14 days.

Put "urgent" on the order and it takes twice as long to get fixed. :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

I think your rant to them fell on deaf ears.

what a bunch of coch lears

:D
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

DamTriton

God of Athiests

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:59 pm

RN wrote:

I think your rant to them fell on deaf ears.

what a bunch of coch lears

:D

These things have been shit from day one. A "normal" amount of returns for the type of hearing aids that I have would be about once every 18-24month (ie, I should have had them serviced approx 4 times in total). 13 + this time does seem a bit extreme. First time was at three months and four months (L and R)

Absolutely crappy design
1. Hard plastic/soft plastic interface with no strain relief at the body junction . Soft plastic is 2mm diameter thin wall, with a fine coaxial microphone cable going down the middle of it (< .5mm dia). Broken or unglued x 3
2. Fine tube acts as a capillary tube and allows humidity to settle on the inside and wick to the ends of the tube via that coax shorting out the connection in the microphone or at the circuitry in the body of the hearing aid.

$6500 as at 8/2010 when purchased. I have been without the use of one of the hearing aids at various times for the better part of 7 months total, and there was a time when I was without ANY for 10 days.

Design life should be 6-8 years.

Any one know a good solicitor (Townsville area) or someone that could give some legal advice re recouping some cost? (thinking along the lines of "not fit for service")
Last edited by DamTriton on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Goatse.AJ

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm

.... it is difficult to perform my work (RN) without it - very much demonstrated this week......

There's only ONE RN in this place :finger: :lol: :lol:

WHAAAAT?
<<

DamTriton

God of Athiests

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Goatse.AJ wrote:

.... it is difficult to perform my work (RN) without it - very much demonstrated this week......

There's only ONE RN in this place :finger: :lol: :lol:

WHAAAAT?

I'm typing this slowly because I know you can't read very quickly,,,,,Registered Nazi ("When good Nurses go bad.............")
<<

Emo

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:19 pm

My two (Phonak I think) are now about 10 years old. Didn't have any problems with them for the first seven years or so but after that I've had to have them in for repair about twice a year, usually for new battery closures or switches. I've got a spare set of really cheapies that I use when they're in getting repaired.

Have a look at these. These are my standby aids.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phonak-OK-UP-UL ... 19e764df68

I could really do with getting a new pair but my last set cost me $8,000 so I'd hate to think what a new set is worth these days.
<<

toaddog

Tickle me!

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Does private health cover that?
2008 Patrol wagon and 99 Patrol TD Ute
Cairns
<<

DamTriton

God of Athiests

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:08 am

toaddog wrote:Does private health cover that?

No private health. Cold, hard, earned money.

Even if I was covered, there's usually a 6 - 7 year turnover so new ones would still be 2-3 years away.

That particular model of hearing aid is well known to audiologists now as being troublesome. There would be no issues getting independent witnesses on the reliability of the aids.
<<

Busiboy

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:42 pm

Morning, back to work on Monday . . . .
PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat