Contact Email List
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The year 2027 ?

Moderators: Tiny, longlux, V8Patrol, Moderators

<<

GQ Bear

User avatar

Posts: 2775

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:59 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:45 pm

20 years from now, eh. Well that'll be about 19yrs after the end of the '6 day war'. The survivors should just be starting to come back up and living above ground again.

After fitting aftermarket door and window seals you'll be able to drive your Nissan Patrols without having to wear your breathing apparatus. The bush will have flourished without man's destruction of it over the past 19yrs. There will be trees and shrubs and rivers, etc. in the cities and everywhere. Reddy, mucky bogholes will have formed where the rusted remains of old Toyotas once sat.

Even the nuclear-fallout-mutated Harold Scruby will be driving a fourby, albeit a land rover. The biggest worry will be not getting bogged in the 12 foot deep swarms of cockroaches which plague the earth, all with a striking resemblence to George Bush and John Howard. Love children perhaps??
GO STORM
Premiers 1999, 2007, 2009
Spoon 2010
<<

OldGold

User avatar

Posts: 1977

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:15 pm

RUFF wrote:A little off topic but Old Gold you mention Evolution. If we are a product of evolution then why are there still Apes?


Because they are a different species that hasn't evolved as far yet? If evolution is based on necessity then maybe they haven't needed to change? I'm not sure, I don't really subscribe to a Darwinist theory of evolution. I think our next 'evolution' will be a one of consciousness.

But it's all conjecture really, we will have to hope for the best and see!
<<

GQ Bear

User avatar

Posts: 2775

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:59 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:37 pm

OldGold wrote: I don't really subscribe to a Darwinist theory of evolution.


Nah, neither do i. Adam and Eve story is so much more believable with so much scientific evidence to support it too :P
GO STORM
Premiers 1999, 2007, 2009
Spoon 2010
<<

OldGold

User avatar

Posts: 1977

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Darwin is much like you see the bible - a nice idea created from the imagination of man based on his limited understanding of how the universe is unfolding around him.
<<

Shadow

Posts: 5179

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:15 pm

Location: Brisbane Australia

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:39 pm

RUFF wrote:A little off topic but Old Gold you mention Evolution. If we are a product of evolution then why are there still Apes?


Unfortunately evolution is as easy to prove as religeon and "god". You either believe that the world was created by god or some divine intervention. Or you dont. Those that dont will look for [size=10]real[\size] answers to how the world came to be and how the creatures that exist on our tiny planet came to be.

Evolution makes sense from a scientific point of view. DNA is something science strugles to explain. How can something so complex that we in our modern technological world still cant replicate (a cup full of DNA would be enough to store all the pages of every book ever written) be created by chance.

And then if you cant explain DNA, then everything else loses credibility.

Why if we evolved from apes are there still apes?

We didnt evolve from apes, we evolved from creatures that exisited thousands (hundreds of thousands) of years ago, and (we think) apes also evolved from them. The things we evolved from could have and very likely would have been very different to apes. Just as they are likely very different to humans.

To say humans evolved from apes is an over simplified statement that is totally false.

The process of evolution does not mean that, take a single cell life form, add 1 million years, and you get a super inteligent result. Evolution is a series of millions of decisions made not only to better the life form, but also to its detriment.

I watched a documentatry that explained it quite well, there are billions of different results of the evolution process, the same origonal single cell organism could evolve to billions of different results, many may just die off due to the survival of the fittest etc, many may just die off from the evolution process itself. One, lucky one, may evolve into a better origanism, one that can take better advantage of its environment. Then the process starts again.

Add 5 million years you get the result of the evolution process, thousands and thousands of different life forms, and trillions more that didnt survive.
<<

Hekta

User avatar

Posts: 6313

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:49 am

Location: Newcastle, NSW

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:32 pm

GQ Bear wrote:
OldGold wrote: I don't really subscribe to a Darwinist theory of evolution.


Nah, neither do i. Adam and Eve story is so much more believable with so much scientific evidence to support it too :P


:lol:
wtf is an acronym

Ctrl + W
<<

Hekta

User avatar

Posts: 6313

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:49 am

Location: Newcastle, NSW

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Image
wtf is an acronym

Ctrl + W
<<

ferog

User avatar

Posts: 6970

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:14 pm

Location: Wollongong

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:54 pm

While we're on the topic of stories and changes in society- There is a massive difference from yesteryears childrens story books to todays.

Today I was given a cupboard full of my old story books some over 20 years old, what fascinated me about them was some of the brutal, glum, tragic and sometimes immoral stories in them. Anyone who has read the Brothers Grimm or Hans Christen Anderson will know what I mean. Although the original stories have been altered over the years and enlightened, I found a 1990 summarised version of the little mermaid (supermarket special) which has horror, sacrifice, tragedy, heartbreak and suicide/death. Pretty deep stuff for a childs bedtime story.
<<

fool_injected

User avatar

Posts: 5634

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:07 pm

Location: diagonally parked in a parralell universe

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: The year 2027 ?

TheGatta wrote:Firstly, will you even be here or do you think you might be on the wrong side of the Daisy`s ?
Still cranking, just not as hard.

What will cars be like in 20 years ?
Boring, technology will do it all,,,,,no fun

Will we still be able to drive our 4bys up the bush - will there be a bush ? Only for the privlaged and It'll cost you dearly in NPWS fees. There will be indoor man made couses for the plebs

Will you have kids ? ??? ( if you dont now )

Will there be oil - Only bio stuff, real oil weill be for special uses and again It'll cost you dearly

if not, what type of fuel ? We will walk everywhere in smaller denser cities, so no need for fuel

What will employment be like and what jobs will be screaming out for people ? Call centers, we will all work in call centers

What sort of employment do you think you will be doing ? Call center.

Will there be another War ? Has the first one finished?

What catastrophy`s will have happened ? I will have less hair where I want it and more where I don't.

Will there be more droughts, and floods ? and disease and pestilence

Will you be a millionaire, or broke ?. everbody will be but it won't buy much

What electronic gadgets do you think will be around ? Electric Stubby Opener

What type of televisions will we be watching ? TV is for old kooks, get on the net and download fossil

Mobile Phones, what will they be like ? really good

What type of communication equipment will be available ? really good mobile phone

What will Society be like ? Society will be at fault

Will people still have morals ? Only whe at home.

Will you be married, or single ? ????

What will Immigration be like ?New World Order there is no immigration as we are all one

What do you think the population of Australia will be ? the population of Australia will be the sum of all of the people living in Australia.

What will housing be like - renting or owning ? Do you think you will be happy ? etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Unaffordable- you will have a mortgage for the rent.

20 years ago the world "WAS" a different to now ( good and bad ) 1987 rocked

What have you done so that your Grandkids, and their kids, and their kids will be able to find out what you were like and looked like ? criminal record
Last edited by fool_injected on Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
<<

lay80n

User avatar

God Of Emo

Posts: 7351

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:04 pm

Location: Newy, home of the ZOOK (Rockin the 'diff)

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:10 pm

Hekta wrote:Image




BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Layto....
v840 wrote:Just between me and you, I actually really dig the Megatwon, but if anyone asks, I'm going to shitcan it as much as possible! :D
<<

fool_injected

User avatar

Posts: 5634

Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:07 pm

Location: diagonally parked in a parralell universe

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Image

I like the Darwin one ;)
If evolution is true then why have we grown a third arm an hand yet?
How may times you need a third hand when working on the truck

Anyway even if you were to sprout a third (centre of your chest would be most useful) the bloddy doctors will call you a freak and cut it off
<<

OldGold

User avatar

Posts: 1977

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:52 pm

Shadow wrote:
RUFF wrote:A little off topic but Old Gold you mention Evolution. If we are a product of evolution then why are there still Apes?


Unfortunately evolution is as easy to prove as religeon and "god". You either believe that the world was created by god or some divine intervention. Or you dont. Those that dont will look for [size=10]real[\size] answers to how the world came to be and how the creatures that exist on our tiny planet came to be.

Evolution makes sense from a scientific point of view. DNA is something science strugles to explain. How can something so complex that we in our modern technological world still cant replicate (a cup full of DNA would be enough to store all the pages of every book ever written) be created by chance.

And then if you cant explain DNA, then everything else loses credibility.

Why if we evolved from apes are there still apes?

We didnt evolve from apes, we evolved from creatures that exisited thousands (hundreds of thousands) of years ago, and (we think) apes also evolved from them. The things we evolved from could have and very likely would have been very different to apes. Just as they are likely very different to humans.

To say humans evolved from apes is an over simplified statement that is totally false.

The process of evolution does not mean that, take a single cell life form, add 1 million years, and you get a super inteligent result. Evolution is a series of millions of decisions made not only to better the life form, but also to its detriment.

I watched a documentatry that explained it quite well, there are billions of different results of the evolution process, the same origonal single cell organism could evolve to billions of different results, many may just die off due to the survival of the fittest etc, many may just die off from the evolution process itself. One, lucky one, may evolve into a better origanism, one that can take better advantage of its environment. Then the process starts again.

Add 5 million years you get the result of the evolution process, thousands and thousands of different life forms, and trillions more that didnt survive.


Evolution doesn't explain shit. It's not based on any kind of 'real scientific information.' Where do the cells to begin life come from? What are we evolving towards? I can think of a million questions about evolution that it has no answers to. It's a tiny fraction of an answer to a bigger question and without the rest of the information to actually back it, you would be foolish to accept such theories as an integral part of your world view.
Last edited by OldGold on Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

RN

User avatar

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Posts: 15963

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Location: Check your six.

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:55 pm

OldGold wrote:
Shadow wrote:
RUFF wrote:A little off topic but Old Gold you mention Evolution. If we are a product of evolution then why are there still Apes?


Unfortunately evolution is as easy to prove as religeon and "god". You either believe that the world was created by god or some divine intervention. Or you dont. Those that dont will look for [size=10]real[\size] answers to how the world came to be and how the creatures that exist on our tiny planet came to be.

Evolution makes sense from a scientific point of view. DNA is something science strugles to explain. How can something so complex that we in our modern technological world still cant replicate (a cup full of DNA would be enough to store all the pages of every book ever written) be created by chance.

And then if you cant explain DNA, then everything else loses credibility.

Why if we evolved from apes are there still apes?

We didnt evolve from apes, we evolved from creatures that exisited thousands (hundreds of thousands) of years ago, and (we think) apes also evolved from them. The things we evolved from could have and very likely would have been very different to apes. Just as they are likely very different to humans.

To say humans evolved from apes is an over simplified statement that is totally false.

The process of evolution does not mean that, take a single cell life form, add 1 million years, and you get a super inteligent result. Evolution is a series of millions of decisions made not only to better the life form, but also to its detriment.

I watched a documentatry that explained it quite well, there are billions of different results of the evolution process, the same origonal single cell organism could evolve to billions of different results, many may just die off due to the survival of the fittest etc, many may just die off from the evolution process itself. One, lucky one, may evolve into a better origanism, one that can take better advantage of its environment. Then the process starts again.

Add 5 million years you get the result of the evolution process, thousands and thousands of different life forms, and trillions more that didnt survive.


Evolution doesn't explain shit. Where do the cells to begin life come from? What are we evolving towards? I can think of a million questions about evolution that it has no answers to. It's a tiny fraction of an answer to a bigger question and without the rest of the information to actually back it, you would be foolish to accept such theories as an integral part of your world view.



Life forms from the essence found on the planet, ie minerals, gases, water, electricty, ...they are the building blocks. The rest is just magic.
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

OldGold

User avatar

Posts: 1977

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:58 pm

Magic is a good enough explanation for me :D I can leave it at that.
<<

-Scott-

User avatar

Posts: 14209

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:36 am

Location: Adelaide

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:07 pm

OldGold wrote:Evolution doesn't explain shit.


You can't even ask the right questions - how can you hope to understand the answers?

OldGold wrote:Where do the cells to begin life come from?


The cells to BEGIN life start with the parent organisms. I think you mean to ask where DID the cells to begin life come from?

OldGold wrote:What are we evolving towards?


Again, a gross lack of understanding of evolution. It's literally survival of the fittest. Life is continually mutating. Some mutations reduce the survival abilities of the organism, and that mutated organism dies out. Other mutations enhance the survival abilities of the organism, and it continues to breed and enhance. The ultimate goal of evolution is life - in whatever form it takes.

OldGold wrote:I can think of a million questions about evolution that it has no answers to.


No, most of the answers are there. You either cannot understand them, or refuse to accept them.

OldGold wrote:It's a tiny fraction of an answer to a bigger question and without the rest of the information to actually back it, you would be foolish to accept such theories as an integral part of your world view.


No, you choose to believe there is a "bigger question" to be answered. I do not. Life just is. A freak of nature. Its only goal is to survive.

You may not like my theories, but they make much more sense to me than anything else I've seen or heard.

You think I'm foolish?

:rofl:
<<

GQ Bear

User avatar

Posts: 2775

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:59 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:15 pm

Adam and Eve were organisms
GO STORM
Premiers 1999, 2007, 2009
Spoon 2010
<<

Shadow

Posts: 5179

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:15 pm

Location: Brisbane Australia

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:18 pm

OldGold wrote:
Shadow wrote:
RUFF wrote:A little off topic but Old Gold you mention Evolution. If we are a product of evolution then why are there still Apes?


Unfortunately evolution is as easy to prove as religeon and "god". You either believe that the world was created by god or some divine intervention. Or you dont. Those that dont will look for [size=10]real[\size] answers to how the world came to be and how the creatures that exist on our tiny planet came to be.

Evolution makes sense from a scientific point of view. DNA is something science strugles to explain. How can something so complex that we in our modern technological world still cant replicate (a cup full of DNA would be enough to store all the pages of every book ever written) be created by chance.

And then if you cant explain DNA, then everything else loses credibility.

Why if we evolved from apes are there still apes?

We didnt evolve from apes, we evolved from creatures that exisited thousands (hundreds of thousands) of years ago, and (we think) apes also evolved from them. The things we evolved from could have and very likely would have been very different to apes. Just as they are likely very different to humans.

To say humans evolved from apes is an over simplified statement that is totally false.

The process of evolution does not mean that, take a single cell life form, add 1 million years, and you get a super inteligent result. Evolution is a series of millions of decisions made not only to better the life form, but also to its detriment.

I watched a documentatry that explained it quite well, there are billions of different results of the evolution process, the same origonal single cell organism could evolve to billions of different results, many may just die off due to the survival of the fittest etc, many may just die off from the evolution process itself. One, lucky one, may evolve into a better origanism, one that can take better advantage of its environment. Then the process starts again.

Add 5 million years you get the result of the evolution process, thousands and thousands of different life forms, and trillions more that didnt survive.


Evolution doesn't explain shit. It's not based on any kind of 'real scientific information.' Where do the cells to begin life come from? What are we evolving towards? I can think of a million questions about evolution that it has no answers to. It's a tiny fraction of an answer to a bigger question and without the rest of the information to actually back it, you would be foolish to accept such theories as an integral part of your world view.


did you skim past the part where i mentioned DNA, or dont you know what that is?
<<

OldGold

User avatar

Posts: 1977

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:00 pm

-Scott- wrote:
OldGold wrote:What are we evolving towards?


Again, a gross lack of understanding of evolution. It's literally survival of the fittest. Life is continually mutating. Some mutations reduce the survival abilities of the organism, and that mutated organism dies out. Other mutations enhance the survival abilities of the organism, and it continues to breed and enhance. The ultimate goal of evolution is life - in whatever form it takes.


What is the ultimate goal of life then? What is it? What are we? "We just are" isn't an answer any more than it is a dismissal.

No, you choose to believe there is a "bigger question" to be answered. I do not. Life just is. A freak of nature. Its only goal is to survive.


Life isn't a freak of nature, life is nature. I don't choose to believe their are bigger questions, there "just are" bigger questions that evolution doesn't answer. The only goal in life is survival, yes - for chimps, but I'd like to think we've grown beyond that. Evolution is just a part of a materialistic set of beliefs which aren't any more valid (if anything, less so) than any 'spiritual' one in my eyes. There is so much distance between where you are coming from and where I am there is no way I could ever explain it in a way you'd connect.

It gives nothing to life to write it off as the organisation of minerals and water created without purpose or necessity by random chance. I like the "Magic" idea better if we're just going to dismiss the topic.
<<

RN

User avatar

A speed camera would have prevented that!

Posts: 15963

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Location: Check your six.

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:22 pm

OldGold wrote:
-Scott- wrote:
OldGold wrote:What are we evolving towards?


Again, a gross lack of understanding of evolution. It's literally survival of the fittest. Life is continually mutating. Some mutations reduce the survival abilities of the organism, and that mutated organism dies out. Other mutations enhance the survival abilities of the organism, and it continues to breed and enhance. The ultimate goal of evolution is life - in whatever form it takes.


What is the ultimate goal of life then? What is it? What are we? "We just are" isn't an answer any more than it is a dismissal.

No, you choose to believe there is a "bigger question" to be answered. I do not. Life just is. A freak of nature. Its only goal is to survive.


Life isn't a freak of nature, life is nature. I don't choose to believe their are bigger questions, there "just are" bigger questions that evolution doesn't answer. The only goal in life is survival, yes - for chimps, but I'd like to think we've grown beyond that. Evolution is just a part of a materialistic set of beliefs which aren't any more valid (if anything, less so) than any 'spiritual' one in my eyes. There is so much distance between where you are coming from and where I am there is no way I could ever explain it in a way you'd connect.

It gives nothing to life to write it off as the organisation of minerals and water created without purpose or necessity by random chance. I like the "Magic" idea better if we're just going to dismiss the topic.


I think you are confusing what is life and what it is to be alive.

Two different points of view. The former is where life came from the latter is how we live. I think you maybe more comfortable with the latter.... both good, but the former is more mysterious and the latter quite likely to disappoint at times.
I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy!
<<

-Scott-

User avatar

Posts: 14209

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:36 am

Location: Adelaide

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:33 pm

OldGold wrote:It gives nothing to life to write it off as the organisation of minerals and water created without purpose or necessity by random chance.


That is all it is; nothing more and nothing less. Needing to believe anything else is a desperate desire to believe humans are 'special' for some reason other than a mixture of random chance and good fortune.

Your snide insinuation that your beliefs make you somehow superior is just another manifestation of the same insecurity.
<<

Nelso

User avatar

Posts: 1047

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:27 pm

Location: Wollongong

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:57 pm

Shadow wrote:
RUFF wrote:A little off topic but Old Gold you mention Evolution. If we are a product of evolution then why are there still Apes?


Unfortunately evolution is as easy to prove as religeon and "god". You either believe that the world was created by god or some divine intervention. Or you dont. Those that dont will look for [size=10]real[\size] answers to how the world came to be and how the creatures that exist on our tiny planet came to be.

Evolution makes sense from a scientific point of view. DNA is something science strugles to explain. How can something so complex that we in our modern technological world still cant replicate (a cup full of DNA would be enough to store all the pages of every book ever written) be created by chance.

And then if you cant explain DNA, then everything else loses credibility.

Why if we evolved from apes are there still apes?

We didnt evolve from apes, we evolved from creatures that exisited thousands (hundreds of thousands) of years ago, and (we think) apes also evolved from them. The things we evolved from could have and very likely would have been very different to apes. Just as they are likely very different to humans.

To say humans evolved from apes is an over simplified statement that is totally false.

The process of evolution does not mean that, take a single cell life form, add 1 million years, and you get a super inteligent result. Evolution is a series of millions of decisions made not only to better the life form, but also to its detriment.

I watched a documentatry that explained it quite well, there are billions of different results of the evolution process, the same origonal single cell organism could evolve to billions of different results, many may just die off due to the survival of the fittest etc, many may just die off from the evolution process itself. One, lucky one, may evolve into a better origanism, one that can take better advantage of its environment. Then the process starts again.

Add 5 million years you get the result of the evolution process, thousands and thousands of different life forms, and trillions more that didnt survive.


The human race is evolving as we speak (type). We are on average getting bigger due to differences is nutrition standards. If you move a person from a warm environment to a cold environment it takes a couple of years but their body acclimatises to the new environment. If a person has to exercise harder to survive, it will become fitter so that it can adapt to it's more challenging requirements. All creatures adapt to their environment in very small ways, but over millions of years these small changes equate to big differences and you are left with very different animals than those they started out as. The reason some animals don't evolve is because they don't have to, they are perfectly suited to their environment as they are. The fact that people train to get better at things is proof in itself that we adapt or evolve to survive. This does not explain how life started, but it does go a long way in explaining how life forms have adapted and evolved to the point we are at now.
What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

I am an insomniac dyslexic agnostic. I often lay awake all night wondering if there really is a Dog.
<<

OldGold

User avatar

Posts: 1977

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:26 am

-Scott- wrote:
OldGold wrote:It gives nothing to life to write it off as the organisation of minerals and water created without purpose or necessity by random chance.


That is all it is; nothing more and nothing less. Needing to believe anything else is a desperate desire to believe humans are 'special' for some reason other than a mixture of random chance and good fortune.

Your snide insinuation that your beliefs make you somehow superior is just another manifestation of the same insecurity.


"Snide insinuation?" There is no insinuation that I believe I am superior, I assure you. Only that I have obviously had a completely different set of life experiences to you that have had me arrive at a totally different viewpoint. Why the attacks? The only person claiming any kind of superiority here is you.

I don't believe humans are "special" per se but still a greatly unexplained phenomenon. We can explain much of the universe and it's many workings in great detail but we have yet to explain our part in it. As I said before, "It just is" is a dismissal, not an explanation. Having said that, I doubt the understanding of it could be written here.
<<

sudso

Posts: 1578

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:27 am

Location: In The Good Country

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:43 am

Wow these kind of threads always turn into debates on the origin of and the meaning of life and slinging matches etc. etc. lol

In 2027 I think life will still be "same shit, different day" lol.
Bordertrek 4X4 & Fabrication
0400 250 734 Bordertown SA
I love terra firma-the less firma the more terra
<<

Dooley

Posts: 394

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:03 pm

Location: Perth - NOR, WA

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:08 am

OldGold wrote:I don't believe humans are "special" per se but still a greatly unexplained phenomenon. We can explain much of the universe and it's many workings in great detail but we have yet to explain our part in it. As I said before, "It just is" is a dismissal, not an explanation. Having said that, I doubt the understanding of it could be written here.


Still we don't know a lot of things about humans, animals, our own world, not to mention the universe.

Let alone the origin and purpose or meaning behind our existence.

In a way I think that's the point though. I mean sometimes I wonder why I bother getting up in the morning. I'm not religious so there isn't to me much purpose or point to it all. Seems to me like I'll just get a job, make money, find a wife have some kids, get old and then the kids go through the same thing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yet I still get up for some reason... :roll:

Just take it day by day I guess, have some good times and don't think too hard about this meaning of life business. :D
04 Ford Courier TD
Bye, bye Sierra... :'(
<<

bushy555

User avatar

Posts: 1143

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 5:27 pm

Location: Quirindi, NSW

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:34 am

I'll still have and will still use me Toshiba T1000 laptop. (8088, 512k ram, DOS 2.1 in ROM)
Bushies: http://www.angelfire.com/on4/bushy5560/ http://www.angelfire.com/on4/bushy5561/
Lightforce HID conversion stuff: http://www.angelfire.com/on4/bushy5551/
<<

Brendan-s

User avatar

Posts: 4792

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:05 pm

Location: Watching out for stray buses

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:37 am

In 20 years I will own a massive tract of land somewhere on the north coast of NSW that will have enough hunting and 4WDing to keep me amused for ever, so I won't have to give a stuff about permits and national park rangers and other stuff. :finger:
<<

V8Patrol

User avatar

God of Magnificant Ideas!

Posts: 6778

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:22 am

Location: Balls Deep

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Re: The year 2027 ?

V8Patrol wrote:
V8Patrol wrote:Only 19years , 362 days till this thread gets dug up

:finger:


Whats really interesting is "if' we can still access this thread in 20 years time.............


Who will have gotten it right and who was way off









:roll:



Massive bump

So how were the predictions
:armsup:
And your cry-baby, whinyassed opinion would be.....?
<<

GUtripper

User avatar

Posts: 2018

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:28 pm

Location: Melbourne

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: The year 2027 ?

Not too far off. ..
Bogged still whinges and hates women
My friends aren't holding me back..... I'm pulling 'em forward.
<<

Guy

User avatar

Posts: 10365

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:43 am

Location: Wangaratta

Post Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: The year 2027 ?

some were pretty bloody accurate ....
" If governments are involved in the covering up the knowledge of aliens, Then they are doing a much better job of it than they do of everything else "
<<

oldmate

User avatar

Posts: 1388

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Location: Newcastle

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Re:

bushy555 wrote:I'll still have and will still use me Toshiba T1000 laptop. (8088, 512k ram, DOS 2.1 in ROM)



On a serious note, there has been some promising research into quantum computing.

Quantum computing will be the next big thing, much like binary electronic computing in the 70's, but unlikely to reach the consumer level so quickly.

Energy storage research is also chugging along nicely. In another ten years we might actually have a semi-practical electric vehicle.
The worst part about being told you have Alzheimer's, is that it doesn't just happen once.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.
eBay Sniper
Time : 0.138s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off | Load : 0.11